Here’s a roundup of new social features announced this week with the potential to impact your business’ marketing:
- Pro: possibilities of organic growth through groups.
- Con: entire redesign of platform will give more real estate to groups—probably bumping business pages down in visibility.
- Pro: donation sticker button available in Stories! Anyone can create a fundraiser for a verified nonprofits.
- Con: IG is testing hiding "likes" from users. The person who published the content will still see it, but no one else. This is designed to lower the competition for likes, but it could become harder to gauge how your business is performing in your field.
- Jury's still out: Creator profiles—designed for influencers to access more specialized tools, includes sales features; influencers include “public figures, creators, athletes, publishers, and artists."
We’re keeping an eye on these features as they're rolled out. Want to chat about a particular feature or a social media strategy? Let’s talk.